Friday, December 11, 2009

I slack, I know..

So I decided I should try and just put down what I'm making for dinner each night. and how it turns out.. so here goes for this last week...
Monday - Baked French Toast, Hash browns and scrambled eggs.
YUM.. the recipe comes from here.

Baked French Toast

1/2 french bread, (about 1/2 loaf) cut diagonally into 1 inch square
4 eggs
1 cup milk
.75 cup half and half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
.75 cup brown sugar
11/2 tablespoon light corn syrup

Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Heat until bubbling. Pour over bread slices and bake uncovered at 350 for about 40 minutes

I used the cinnamon bread from Smiths ($1)  and used 2 pieces on top of each other. I halved the recipe and used a 8x8. It was really really sweet (my favorite) and french bread would probably make it a little less sweet but I will be making this again!

No comments: